Sunday, December 15, 2013

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year

How is it already mid-December?!

It has been busy, busy, busy around here lately with appointments, errands, mommy groups, play dates, babysitting, a last minute long weekend in Oklahoma, a new job for Greg (YAY!!!) and even a pre-Christmas visit from family last week.

I love this time of year, but it's nuts how quickly it flies by now that I'm older. There is just so much to do, and I want to do it all!


Above photos taken by Allison Walton

I'm soaking in the season and enjoying all the family time I can get. Greg, Fletcher and I walked down the McDonalds for breakfast early this morning when it was still so cold we could see our breath freeze in front of us -- and I don't think I could have been any happier. A morning walk with my boys all to myself. I don't think it gets any better than that. Fletcher squealed with delight at being able to run down the sidewalk and Greg carried him the rest of the way when his little legs pooped out. Then we all ate heartily and returned home for a luxurious mid-morning nap that caused us to miss church this morning. (Sometimes you just need to skip!)

Nothing much else to report... we're beginning to look for a new apartment since Shortbread will be here before we know it and we're outgrowing our current place. I'm both excited and terrified to welcome our new babe home in the spring. I know it will be so wonderful, and super hard, and completely worth it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my little blog-- I appreciate your thoughts!